Draft Minutes of the meeting of 7th January 2008
Present: Alex; Carlos (Pedro Achata Trust); Jeremy (FARA, SH); Wendy (HFRA, FARA, SH); Candy, Ruth, (CARA); Judith (FoE, CARA); Rowan (TCS); Beth (Hanover RA); Elizabeth (Page Green Area); Ibilola (Tiverton and Tewkesbury RA);
Apologies: Ricardo (House Design, Architect); Joseph (TCS, CARA, FoE)
Agenda Items
Discussion:
Planning Application Fee
– Jeremy to release paypal moneys (£260 + £20 cash) to Carlos, Elcafetal for payment of Planning Application fee to be executed asap by Carlos. £200+ raised by Vicky left monies for application fee payment (her own money)
– raising money to continue:
Ø promotion costs; meetings, exhibition space, administration etc
Joint Stakeholder Meeting
Elizabeth to arrange venue. Favoured venue:
Baptist Church directly opposite Wards Corner on the Page Green side of the High Road
Date: Monday 25th or Thursday 28th
Wendy to check with Ricardo his availability on above dates
Broadcasting and
Promoting Ourselves

GENERAL
Posters – need to raise £60 for printing (2,000 copies?)
Ø Jeremy printed 800, will print more
Ø Candy to wait for Jeremy to amend poster adding new wardscornercommunity.org website address before printing – ready Wednesday
Ø Candy to bring photocopies to Wendy’s for collection and distribution
Ø Wendy to arrange with Mohamed Dirshe, Community Development Officer for Tottenham Green to translate Poster (once J amended and sent through) – Weds
Ø Wendy to find out what full translation services council will offer
Ø Wendy to notify all RAs that the poster is on the website for downloading, printing, photocopying and distributing around their area (contact wendy to advise for records)
A3 and A4 Laminates
– Ruth to do 40 A3 laminates
Ø Wendy to do 20 A4 laminates
Ø any others? Candy? Elizabeth?
Ø Beth to ask Post Office and Printer on Broad Lane to put up A3
Ø ask Hazel to do Blenheim Rise (Wendy?)
Leafletting – leafletters to collect from Wendy
Ø Elizabeth to do 2,000 around page green area
Ø FARA to do FARA area (700)
Ø CARA done
Ø Wendy to do Holly Court and area to Wards Corner (not covered by an RA)
Ø Wendy to approach Lomond Close RA for leafletting/involvement
Making ourselves known – Wendy and Sue to walk West Green Road and speak to shop owners, Ibi too if can make the time
Press
Ø Keith Flett to be co-opted if pos (advice sought esp national press issues). Either write to Keith or approach at SH meeting on 20th January (Wendy to contact by email)
Ø everyone urged to write a letter a week to the press
Website
Ø Paul Carrol added Wards Corner to RUDInet, bumped up hits and got Italy interested!
Ø our Arts Council web-designer to create the mother of all wards corner websites!
Ø want our site to be the number one google hit
TARGETTED
- Ruth to email Planning Committee members/planning officers; or
- visit Civic Centre, Wood Green and get posted into their boxes
best practice community campaigns
– look at pass success stories – community campaigns that succeeded and those that failed
– Coin Street and Archway and Olympic Games
– for olympics, Elizabeth recommends looking at http://www.gamesmonitor.org.uk
Consultation:
– Glass-House – Wendy to contact to find out series of convenient times for training.
– promised meeting with Kaushika/NDC – Ruth to chase up
– chasing NDC meeting minutes (Shelly, NDC) – Ruth to chase up
Petition
- petition to be circulated at Stakeholder Meeting in February
- petition to be given to businesses, traders, shop keepers and held by them for later collection – request they ask their customers to sign
- RA meetings – request petition is signed
Finance/Stacking up
- stacking up our plan: look into utilising local experienced builders to restore Wards for half the price a developer would
- researching social enterprise – Carlos and Ibi (Paul?, Noreen?, Ruth?)
Website
- Jeremy to set up wards corner community website domain name – linked to wiki until Arts Council website set up
- Jeremy to put up £10 to register domain name
- he’s too quick for me – here it is http://www.wardscornercommunity.org.uk

NEXT WEEK’S MEETING:


HOW TO RUN A MEETING OF 200 PEOPLE PLUS?
  • ADVERTISING EVENT
  • PROJECTION
  • POWER POINT – try to work with guest speakers to have power point = visual representation of speech
  • SHOW/DISPLAYS OF PLANS
  • CHAIR AND CO-CHAIR TO MANAGE MEETING (RUTH AND ELIZABETH?)
  • TEAS/COFFEES/REFRESHMENTS – ASK FOR DONATIONS SO BUILD UP COALITIONS FUNDS
  • PETITION – HAVE PETITION GO ROUND
  • REGISTER OF NAMES, ADDRESSES, ORGANISATION, EMAILS, PHONE NUMBERS
  • REGISTRATION 6.30PM START 7.00PM
  • GUEST SPEAKERS X 3 – 10 MINS EACH 30 MINS
  1. [eg ricardo – the alternative plan
  2. glasshouse – community consultation
  3. nef - economic regeneration]
  • QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 30 MINS
  • RESPONSE/SUMMARY BY GUESTS 5 MINS 15 MINS TIME: 8.30PM
  • PLANNING FOR REAL EXERCISE TO END END TIME: 9.30
  • TO BE DISCUSSED FURTHER AT NEXT MEETING
  •  RUTH TO EMAIL WENDY IDEAS


FORMAT FOR NEXT MEETING:

To incorporate:
• identifying key areas for discussion
• breaking into smaller groups for discussion, each with own minute taker
• come together at end to feedback to whole group
FLIP CHART and POST-ITS